6/16/2010

Around the Corner

this sidewalk of learning is coming to a corner
and this whole time, i've been wanting to hit the road
ground and running to no where
everywhere, and maybe the lie is true
my education will bring me home some day

but as the sun draws higher to positions
where the land is vivid
no shadow walks the earth except mine
and ours, and hours still will move
how lovely this song of mine will slowly become

but with each event of flailing arms
comes the cost of pushing, and hard circumstances
the mind is put to the test at times where it shouldn't
ungodly hours will reverse my patterns
but i will get by, i will see my steps emerge from dust to
castles and beyond

2 two cents' worth:

Lucy said...

I love the first two lines and the last two lines

Anonymous said...

I get some really odd imagery. Maybe my antenna needs tuning so it resonates better.
[Physics jokes. Dr. Lee would head desk]

Still, you've got to teach me how to do this. I wonder what this does.