7/27/2010

Timeless Love

this is long overdue
and long awaited
to the woman of older days
don't forget that you never faded

the first to hold me as your own
and the one who held me close
as treasure so dear to your heart
and like this, your love shows

the one who told me time again
that the bullets would be yours to take
as if my life was more than it was
this death of yours would be for my sake?

you've sacrificed time and effort
and lead me through times of missing the mark
but you pull through, like the hero in those stories
and you loved me when i was unstable in my walk

and i know you won't be here forever
you won't hold my hand every night
but i will remember you, your name, your touch
and you will be the last to leave my fading mind

to you my mother. happy birthday.

0 two cents' worth: