7/21/2010

Bounce Goes Love

If I asked you to draw out love
What would I ever see?
It seems to me that all I see
Is love made out of springs

The cliché repeats itself over and over
“This is no ending, just a beginning”
But that mouth becomes twisted
And love is just what happens under the sheets

I heard a story about you with poems and music
Mirrors and creativity, and I swore you wouldn’t let go
But look at you now, with ignorance towards us
Pray for peace, because others are in pieces

But we can’t hold the gavel to your life
We can’t sing like your song is ours
But to whom will you live, to whom will you try?
Because the world is made of more than just one person in your life

2 two cents' worth:

Lucy said...

'yay new poem :)
I'm made it a ritual to comment
so here it is.

Less than three said...

i love this, simon (:
keep posting !