9/24/2010

let there be weaknesses

my skin is grow red with stripes that don't belong
and i can't help but scratch and cry and glance
this body is growing sore and tired
and we're a confused bunch looking for a fellowship

the season is dry, the topic is unsound
but i need every chance for you to make that step for me
when my skin dies and rots away
my only answer remains within nothing but a heart beat

my hair and nails grow longer
but i'll contain them with time and a pair of scissors
and i'm growing distant from your holding your hand
your fluid, liquid touch that brought me to joy
my tears will never be enough to drown this body

all my limbs are short of purpose
every thought from a mindset like this is swaying
and the unbelonging thoughts are so ambidextrous
be graceful, oh god, for when i am as unsure
as this body swelling weather

you will lead me by those still, life-filling waters again

and where there is space that weakness creates
every gap is filled with your strength more and more

0 two cents' worth: